KICKSBOXES IS BACK WITH A NEW LOOK, NEW ARTICLES, & NEW IDEAS... CHECK BACK SOON!

Monday

?KICKS BOXES? SO WHAT'S UP with the NAME?

Hi and welcome to Kicks Boxes, an internet blog dedicated to the martial arts and combat sports.

The title of this site comes from my daughter, who while two years old, saw me working out by kicking a heavy bag in the basement one day and quietly asked me what I was doing.

“Daddy’s doing his kickboxing,“ I’d told her.

After that day, she’d proudly tell anyone and everyone who’d listen, “My daddy kicks boxes.”

At the time, I guess she didn’t have a real good concept of what I was doing… but I’m slowly working on that!

Anyway, my interest in martial arts began in the early 80s when I took karate classes at a local community center. Over the last quarter century I’ve continued training in karate as well as a variety of other martial arts. At one time or another I’ve practiced karate, kickboxing, judo, tae kwon do, mixed martial arts, tai chi, hapkido, chi kung, kempo and kyusho jitsu.

I know that it all sounds like a lot, but martial arts is really my passion and I just can’t seem to get enough. Some people are fanatical about sports, music, cars, or even stamp collecting… but for me it’s always been martial arts. It’s all about learning and sharing the art with others.

During the early 90s I competed in full contact kickboxing and Olympic style tae kwon do.

Nowadays, I still continue to train martial arts (under Master Chris Thomas in the Kenkyukai Kyusho Jitsu organization) and also teach kickboxing at the Elgin Community College. Although I no longer compete, I’m still a major fan of kickboxing and combat sports. I love mixed martial arts and watch as much UFC, IFL, and Bodog as I can.

I hope to make this a friendly site where people can come to find articles, suggestions and ideas about various types of martial training, conditioning, and techniques, as well as resources to find other websites and related products.

More posts should be coming soon so please check back. If there’s anything you’d like to see or discuss, please leave a comment and let me know. I’d like to make this site as user friendly as possible.

Thanks and I look forward writing more again soon.

Respectfully,

Rick

No comments: